Saturday, August 29, 2009

Goal & Purpose

My goal and purpose for this blog is two-fold. First, I want to become more comfortable with blogs. For some reason, blogs do not click in my brain. This is the first true frustration for me in this Ed.S. program and this is my sixth class! I guess I am primarily frustrated because I usually catch on to things very quickly, and this is not coming as quickly. However, I just keep reminding myself that everything has learning curve and my curve just happens to be a bit curvier than usual! Plus, now I have a better idea of how students in my class must feel when they just don't get it. But I refuse to give in! I will meet this challenge head on!! My other goal is to discover ways that I might be able to utilize blogs as an educator. How can I use them with my students? How can I use them with my fellow colleagues? Are blogs something I even want to use in either of these areas? This is going to be a huge voyage of discovery for me!

4 comments:

  1. I am right there with you, Jessica! I am having a hard time getting blogs to click with me, too. Hopefully, things will get easier as we go and we'll all learn some great ways to use blogging in our classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are new for me, too. It was hard, but now I have one set up. Now we just have to figure out how to link them to the group portal. Always learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you figure out how to link them, let me know! Or is Herb doing this??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is refreshing to see your honesty. Trust me, you are not the only one feeling this way and we are in this together!!

    ReplyDelete